Cooks are an important part of the care giving team and are supervised by the Hospitality Manager. They are responsible for some food preparation and portioning some cold foods for meal service. They are responsible for dining room service and restocking of supplies. They coordinate serving of residents and maintain cleanliness of dining room area. They may assist with dish washing procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cook will:
- Prepares dining room for service.
- Re-stocks supplies in the dining room.
- Serves food to the residents at meal times.
- Cleans dining room after each meal service.
- Prepares and pre-prepares foods.
- Portions foods for service.
- Cleans work area.
- Provide service for residents during mealtime
- Create attractive table service and food presentation
- Maintain adequate supplies
- Clean-up after meal service, including taking out trash
- Will do some pre- preparation as needed
- Work cooperatively with all team members to meet residents’ needs
- Standing and walking short distances most of the day
- Stooping, reaching and lifting equipment and food vessels
- Communicate well with and shows respect toward teammates
- Display patience, consideration and tolerance toward residents
- Must be able to accept criticism graciously from the residents and report any comments to the Dietary Supervisor at an appropriate time
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with elderly people.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with resident and co-workers.
- Must be familiar with dining room service, including proper handling of table service
- Must have some knowledge of food preparation and portioning.
- Must be well groomed and practice safe and clean food handling.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds from floor level to chest, stoop, bend, turn and stretch.
- Must also be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time and assist residents as needed.
- Assistive devices to prevent injury will be available, if required.
Every effort has been made to keep this job description as complete as possible. However, it is to be considered a general description of duties to be performed and in no way states or implies these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The failure to itemize specific duties does not imply that they are to be excluded from the position.
Job Types: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time