Vineyard Assisted Living is part of Ganton Senior Communities. We are currently hiring resident care assistants to join our growing team on FIRST & SECOND shift. Our ideal candidate is dependable, hard working, and has a passion for the elderly. GSC purchases employee’s first uniform. Full time employees are offered health, dental, and vision insurance, along with PTO, holiday pay, and the option for IRA involvement.
Ganton Senior Communities is a company dedicated to a comfortable, family oriented atmosphere – both for our staff and our residents. We try to be as flexible as possible with our staff to allow them a family / work life balance – but also try to consistently recognize and acknowledge the hard work all our CNAs and Resident Care Aids do for our residents and their families. It truly is a different aspect and different environment to be a part of in the Assisted Living industry – a difference that we value greatly.
If you’re an enthusiastic, compassionate, senior care professional looking for a new employer or looking to start your career in senior care – please apply, we’d love to get to know you!
The primary purpose of this important position is to assist residents with activities of daily living, foster independence and encourage participation in meaningful activities. Resident Care Aides should be patient, flexible, and gentle, have a sense of humor and be able to have fun.
- Assists residents with personal care needs, i.e. bathing, dressing, ambulating, lifting, transferring, feeding, toileting, fall prevention, daily reminders, etc.
- Assists residents with simple housekeeping as needed between weekly cleaning performed by housekeeper
- Launders bedding and personal laundry during the night shift
- Assists residents with participation in social activities
- Assists residents at time of admission and helps familiarize them to their new community
- Demonstrates an attitude of positivity and cooperation toward residents, guests and teammates
- Utilizes infection control techniques in all aspects of resident care
- Observes residents and notes any changes in physical condition, attitude, reactions, appetite, etc., reporting to the nurse or Medication Room Manager on duty
- Be alert to the needs of residents and ready to respond
- Communicates effectively with teammates and subsequent shifts
- Treats all resident information as confidential
- Attends required in-services and staff meetings as scheduled
- May be required to work overtime in an emergency situation or back up absent staff. Will be required to be available in case of natural disaster
- Works cooperatively with teammates on flexible scheduling aimed at preventing absenteeism and promoting continuity of care
Employees working as described will be required to be on their feet much of their shift, bending, stooping, turning and stretching. They may need to perform some heavy lifting. Assistive devices will be available as needed.
Every effort has been made to keep this job description as complete as possible. However, it is to be considered a general description of duties to be performed and in no way states or implies these are the only duties which will be required to be performed. The failure to itemize specific duties does not imply that they are to be excluded form the position’s responsibilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Shifts: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shift
- Resident Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)