Vineyard Assisted Living Community, located in Texas Corners, Kalamazoo!
Shift Options: 1st Shift (6a-2p)
2nd Shift (2p-10p | Shift Differential = .75 cents per hour)
3rd Shift (10p-6a | Shift Differential = .50 cents per hour)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
At Vineyard Assisted Living, we have around sixty (60) – sixty five (65) residents. We provide two levels of care that includes activities of daily living and medication management. The Medication Technician position works closely with our RCA’s, Care Center Coordinator, and the Director of Resident care daily to administer prescribed medications to residents, foster independence and monitor needs of residents. We are a one-story community tucked between Portage and Mattawan, that ultimately cherishes our elderly population. The primary purpose of this important position is to be there for our residents. We encourage our Medication Technicians to be patient, flexible, gentle, have a sense of humor, and of course, be able to have fun.
- Assist residents with administration, supervision and monitoring of their medication in accordance with HFA licensing requirements.
- Will be trained in Medication Administration in Assisted Living and follow the 6 rights of medication management.
- Will be trained on the use of ECP, an electronic MAR.
- Be willing to learn about medications and adverse reactions to medications, especially in the senior population.
- Assist teammates with resident’s personal care needs as needed, i.e. bathing, dressing, ambulating, etc.
- Apply universal infection control in all care activities to prevent spread of infection.
- Observe residents for changes in physical and mental health status and communicate changes to the Medication Room Manager or Director of Resident Care.
- In accordance with HFA licensing rules, report all consistent resident refusals of scheduled medications, prolonged and consistent use of PRN medications and/or PRN medications consistently not being used to the Medication Room Manager or Director of Resident Care.
- Ensure that residents who leave the building have their medications and instructions to take with them.
- In the absence of the Medication Room Manager, you may be considered the supervisor on their shift.
- Responsible for completing resident incident reports and notifying the Director of Resident Care or Medication Room Manager on call of any resident incidents that occur on their shift.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time | 8 Hour shifts
Wage Range: $13.50 – $16.50 per hour
Expected hours: 20 – 40 per week